Ranger programme in Carinthia
Become a real Nockberg-Ranger
A nature adventure package for kids and active adults! On this 2-day course with Biosphere Reserve rangers, you can discover the great outdoors and learn all sorts of skills for life in the forest and field. On natureâ€™s trail, in the great outdoors â€“ it couldnâ€™t get much more exciting!
Become a ranger in 2 days - the programme:
To set the mood
3-D film night: Nockberge Biosphere Reserve Experience
- Survival in the forest - tips and tricks
- Build a camp in the forest
- Trees and animals - roar or coo
- Happy hunting!
Orientation & Survival
- Examine the water and the creatures that live in it
- The mill on the noisy stream rattles - clip-clap - letâ€™s grind the grain
- Bridge a stream with wood and stones
- Follow the trail up to the alpine hut
- Wildlife observation at dusk
- Orientate yourself with compass or GPS and find your way
Life on an Alp
- Overnight stay in the hay barn
- Be awoken by the herdswoman
- Alpine breakfast - throw an egg in the pan!
- Bake bread over the campfire
- Hands-on fun at the fishery
Graduation: Ranger Certificate
Please do not hestitate if you need any further informations about our ranger programme!
- For hip kids (8 and older) and cool parents
- From the beginning of July until mid-September
- Register at least 2 days in advance
- Minimum number of participants: 5
- â‚¬ 59 per child/adult